First, ensure that you are prompt in picking up and returning your equipment at the designated time, and second, respect the equipment you’ve rented.
Please be advised that you will be charged for returning dirty equipment as well as for items lost stolen or damaged. Here are some simple tips to keep in mind that will help you avoid situations where damage is likely. For more detailed information check out our Canoeing Safety 101Carry the boat to a soft location before you set it down. Do not set a composite canoe down on rough or sharp surfaces.
- DO NOT DRAG A CANOE OR KAYAK! Dragging it causes friction which will quickly ruin the hull.
- Keep the boat free floating as you load and unload it. Also have it free floating when you get in and out.
- Avoid all above water obstacles
- Don’t ram the boat onto shore – pull up parallel to the shore and step out sideways.
- Keep track of the equipment entrusted to you. eg, straps, paddles, lifejackets, boating safety kit, etc. Remember this is the equipment that is it providing you with safety and enjoyment on the water – treat it respectfully