La Barriere Park is located south of the perimeter, just off Waverly – Note that you cannot cross the perimeter on Waverly from inside the city
What does it cost per person?
- It is $20 per person
How many friends can I bring?
- As many as you’d like!
Can I choose a date other than the ones available?
- Yes you can, as long as your group has a minimum of 15 people.
If I plan to bring 5 friends, should we all book separately or together?
- To ensure everyone is able to participate on the same day and time, it’s best to book all together to avoid any complications!
- If you would like to add or remove people from your previously booked event, please click here.
What time do I need to be at La Barriere Park?
- It’s good to plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow extra time for members of your group to arrive and find parking and get organized.
Where should I park?
- Once you arrive at the park entrance, there is a small gravel parking lot to the left, or you can continue down the road and turn left at the next approach where you will find a bigger lot. (Check out the Park map at the top of the page)
What will WinnipegCanoeRentals.com provide for this event?
- We provide the necessary equipment such as:
- Life jackets
- Safety kits
- Canoes and paddles
- We can also set up a s’more making area for afterwards if requested
What do the participants need to provide?
- Remember to dress for the weather and bring extra clothes if necessary.
- You should bring:
- Sun screen/bug spray
- Proper foot wear (Remember your feet may get muddy or wet!)
- Dry clothes
- Water bottle and snacks
- Rain jacket
How long is the paddle?
- You may choose to paddle for up to 2 hours. Because there is virtually no current, you will be paddling downstream for up to an hour and then turning around to paddle upstream toward the starting point.
How will I pay?
- If each member of your group is paying separately please bring cash to the event, otherwise we will accept one credit card transaction per group.