Sumka start point and parking – 9:00 am
John Bruce Park start point and parking – 12:30 pm
Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd start point and parking – 4:00 pm
Seine River Route
What does it cost per person?
- It is $20 per person
How many friends can I bring?
- As many as you’d like!
Can I choose a date other than the ones available?
- Yes you can, as long as your group has a minimum of 15 people.
If I plan to bring 5 friends, should we all book separately or together?
- To ensure everyone is able to participate on the same day and time, it’s best to book all together to avoid any complications!
- If you would like to add or remove people from your previously booked event, please click here.
What time do I need to be at the starting point?
- It’s good to plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow extra time for members of your group to arrive and find parking and get organized.
- Start time for Sumka’s is 9:00 am
- Start time for John Bruce Park is 12:30 pm
- Start time for Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd is 4:00 pm
Where should I park?
- There are three different start points; if you are starting at,
- Sumka’s Nursery – park at the end of Sumka Rd near the river
- John Bruce Park – You can park on John Bruce Rd on either side of the river
- Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd – park anywhere on Iroquois Bay or Comanche Rd
What will WinnipegCanoeRentals.com provide for this event?
- We provide the necessary equipment such as:
- Life jackets
- Safety kits
- Canoes, kayaks and paddles
What do the participants need to provide?
- Remember to dress for the weather and bring extra clothes if necessary.
- You should bring:
- Sun screen/bug spray
- Proper foot wear (Remember your feet may get muddy or wet!)
- Dry clothes
- Water bottle and snacks
- Rain jacket
How long is the paddle?
- The length of paddle will depend where you choose to start and get out. Options include:
- Sumka’s Nursery to John Bruce Park – 8.9 km
- Sumka’s Nursery to Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd – 16.2 km
- John Bruce Park to Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd – 7.3 km
- Sumka’s Nursery to Notre Dame and Maisonneuve – 25.7 km
- John Bruce Park to Notre Dame and Maisonneuve – 16.8 km
- Iroquois Bay and Comanche Rd to Notre Dame and Maisonneuve – 9.5 km
How will I pay?
- If each member of your group is paying separately please bring cash to the event, otherwise we will accept one credit card transaction per group.